Submit an Article
We welcome contributed articles concerning a variety of marine subjects—from semi-technical descriptions of new developments in instrumentation or techniques for acquiring and processing data, to general discussions about current marine events and policies in the maritime world.
Our readers want to see articles that describe the application of those instruments, systems or services that have satisfied a need or solved a problem.
Sea Technology articles deal with the background of a problem and the development of new technologies, or modification of existing techniques, to meet users’ requirements.
- Sea Technology must have first-run rights, if not exclusivity.
- Pitches are due on the 10th, three months before the desired publication month.
- If the pitch is accepted, the article is due on the 10th, two months before the desired publication month.
- The article should be 2,000 words and should discuss new tech, including testing/field work in the last year.
- Three authors max are allowed, with 50-word bios at the end of the article. Head shots are optional (must be 300 dpi resolution).
- Up to 5 images may be sent at 300 dpi resolution, with files named Fig1, Fig2, etc., and captions after the bios.
- The Word doc and images may be emailed to seatechnologymag[at]gmail.com or sent via Dropbox or WeTransfer.com.
For clarification or further information, contact:
Compass Publications, Inc.
4600 N. Fairfax Dr., Suite 304
Arlington, VA 22203
Tel: (703) 524-3136
Fax: (703) 841-0852
REPRINTS, WEB PAGE USE
Sea Technology is protected under U.S. copyright laws. Reprinting and/or reproduction of any portion of the publication by printing or publication via electronic media is prohibited without prior written consent of Compass Publications, Inc.
For pricing information regarding reprints or republication of written material or photographs from Sea Technology on other websites, contact Compass Publications.