Restore America’s Estuaries’ newest partnership with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency involves administration of the new National Estuary Program Coastal Watersheds Grant Program.
This program is designed to support projects that address urgent and challenging issues threatening the well-being of coastal and estuarine areas within determined estuaries of national significance.
This grant program supports the following priorities:
- Loss of key habitats
- Recurring harmful algae blooms
- Unusual or unexplained marine mammal mortalities
- Proliferation or invasion of species
- Flooding and coastal erosion
- Impacts of nutrients and warmer water temperatures on aquatic life
- Contaminants of emerging concern found in coastal and estuarine waters
More information will be coming soon regarding a call for proposals. Check out the website for more information, including a more detailed list of the grant’s priorities.